A while ago we posted about getting your best sleep and we had some great tips for getting a better nights sleep, I’m going to reiterate a few of those.
- Don’t eat or drink 2 hours before bedtime, your body will remain in active digestion mode and and you may get woken up earlier than you intended to go to the bathroom.
- Get adjusted! We have frequently found that getting stress off the nervous system helps a person relax better, especially with kids.
- Listen to white noise or relaxation CD’s before bed. Yoga can also help you relax and wind down before resting your head on the pillow.
- Avoid watching TV, playing video games, or surfing the internet before bed. If you have a TV in your bedroom take it out.
- Make a list before laying down or place a notepad next to your bed to write down the things keeping your mind active and alert.
- Keep the temperature in your bedroom below 70°F.
- Don’t change your bedtime. Go to bed and get up at the same day each day (yes, even the weekends) this helps your body get into a sleep rhythm, it also makes it easier to get to sleep and wake up refreshed.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes each day for better sleep.