Strengthening and balancing our body and Immune System, our only real defense against dis-ease!
Here is our consolidation of the most helpful suggestions we have found.
GET ENOUGH SLEEP in a dark room (best for melatonin production)
WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP often, for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer only if soap is not available. (Antibacterial gels can disrupt the natural healthy protective bacteria on your hands.)
AVOID REFINED SUGARS (It can depress the immune system for hours). Also avoid processed foods.
EAT ORGANIC vegetables and fruit (especially these 12 which have the highest pesticides https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/dirty-dozen.php,) meat, chicken, fish, eggs, raw nuts, seeds, whole grains, good fats (including organic butter), etc. For more info go to westonaprice.org
GET ADJUSTED! It decreases stress on your nervous system, helping the body (including immune system) function better (https://chiro.org/research/ABSTRACTS/Immune.shtml)
AVOID STRESS 🙂 Meditate, yoga. Here’s a wonderful and gentle chair yoga practice generously shared by Syl Carson of Bodhi Yoga in Provo https://www.gobodhiyoga.com/bodhi-yoga-daily-chair-yoga/
EXERCISE and deep breathe through the nose to produce Nitric oxide. Powerful breathing exercise at https://lifespa.com/pratiloma-inspiratory-muscle-training/?inf_contact_key=8dd8f3bebe1c877c4b69663ef1b37d0f680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1
STAY WARM. And if you think you may be getting sick, get HOT! Take a hot bath for 12-20 minutes and hydrate well. You can add epson salts and/or baking soda. See: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321398#overview for reasons and precautions. Use a sauna. (Most viruses cannot replicate at higher temperatures, so heating up helps slow or stops its spread while the immune system gets a handle on it.) (If you are pregnant, do not use saunas; hot baths are usually fine. Don’t raise your core temperature over 102 degrees. Consult your doctor.
STAY HYDRATED! Lots of water, preferably filtered.
SPEND TIME OUTDOORS as much as possible. Sunshine, fresh air and walking barefoot on grass (for grounding) is medicine from God!
AVOID TOXIC CLEANING AND PERSONAL PRODUCTS (like lotions, makeup, etc.)
FILL YOUR HEART WITH GRATITUDE and LOVE. CULTIVATE JOY in your life.
If someone in your household is sick, take extra precautions such as sleeping in separate rooms, laundering bedding more often, taking hot baths or saunas daily, taking immune-boosting supplements, etc.
Immune Boosting Supplements
Don’t feel like you have to do everything. Even a little bit helps. Always consult your physician before beginning any supplement program.
- Vitamin D, Best from the sun. If you are fair, 10-15 minutes in the sun at midday. If your vitamin D levels are below 40, or if you haven’t been taking vitamin D for at least 6 months and don’t know your level, fairly inexpensive tests are available. 5,000 IU per day is a good general adult dose.
- Elderberry 1-2 Tablespoons daily
- Zinc 20-30 mg
- Garlic in cooking and/or supplements
- Vitamin C Aim for 1500-3000 mg daily (for more info https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/03/29/andrew-saul-vitamin-c.aspx)
- Take some sort of Immune Support formula or Echinacea herb
- Cod liver oil (can come in capsules so you don’t have to taste it) Provides Vitamin A, D and Omega 3’s (EPA-DHA)
- Probiotics to colonize your gut with friendly flora.
- Oral Probiotics – this is a supplement you suck on or chew that colonizes your mouth with protective good bacteria. For prevention, take 1 at night.
- Melatonin to reset circadian cycles which are disrupted by blue lights from screens, staying up late. Start with .3 mg, 30 minutes before bed, too much can disrupt our natural melatonin production. Not recommended for children.
- Magnesium needed for many processes in the body. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-Consumer/
If you do get sick…
- Colloidal Silver: 3 Tbs. per day for adults (proportionally less for children), mixed in water and sipped throughout the day. May also be sniffed into each nostril for active sinus infection.
Vitamin C: Increase to bowel tolerance.
A fever is not a bad thing as long as it isn’t too high! It’s nature’s way of inhibiting the pathogens.
Anti-viral drugs like Tamiflu do not prevent the flu or flu complications. At best, they shorten the duration of the flu by one or two days if taken within 48 hours of initial symptoms. And the potential side effects can be nasty. Read the FDA warning label and weigh the cost/benefit ratio.