Your attitude determines your altitude. “Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one” –Dr. Hans Selye. You are, and you draw to yourself, your most dominant thoughts (the law of the Harvest/Attraction). What are you thinking and doing that bring events and people into your life? What lessons do you need to learn so you can move on? How can you de-stress?
1. Pray/Meditate. Be at peace with yourself for at least 5 minutes per day.
2. Read inspirational books, scripture, novel, motivational readings etc.
3. Be active. Go to the gym, take a hike, enjoy nature, exercise, visit a “positive” person, serve/help someone, laugh, go on a ‘date’, hold hands with your sweetheart, do something artistic.
4. Do something fun at least once per week.
5. Avoid the news or find a source of positive news.
6. Life in faith, not fear. Believe you can do it, because as the saying goes “whether you believe you can or believe you can’t, you are probably right.”
One of my favorite quotes is from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles by Marianne Williamson.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”